And The Best General Disinfectant is…:
A good disinfectant is NOT:
- Bleach – studies show bleach … sucks. It’s not 1950 anymore and there isn’t enough space to explain it but bleach doesn’t work
- Peppermint and other nonsense. Skip the cutsey wootsey peppermint and other funky “we just reinvented cleaning products” junk. Skip it.
A good disinfectant IS:
- Safe and not so toxic you risk your health just to kill germs
- A QUAT (quaternary ammonium compound). Sound intimidating but it’s safe, used in hospitals, and the core technology backbone to the best cleaners
General Cleaning Tips
While our cleaning division have moved away from steam cleaning carpet with truck mounts (instead we use low moisture methods) heat still helps clean up many challenges.
Vapor cleaners can help and just plain hot water when cleaning greasy ovens for example. Generally speaking as the degrees rise the chemical action/energy doubles and even triples making cleaning products more effective.
Window Cleaning Can Be Easy
But it isn’t for most people. Windows and mirrors are usually smeared by home owners and mediocore cleaning companies – almost every time. There is no secret here … just common sense:
- Use glass friendly microfiber rags
- Don’t use microfiber rags washed with the general laundry and then fabric softened – won’t work
- Skip the paper towels
- If you are using glass cleaner that you have to dilute don’t use hard water – use distilled or RO only.